Friday, September 23, 2011

Aqua, White and Glitter... Wonderful!!!

Ohhh... I'm SO happy!

During the summer I spent many pleasant early morning hours sipping coffee and reading a lovely inspiring blog: Mish Mash. It had been pinned among my favorites for a while but I decided to read it more carefully and I discovered great tricks and techniques, inspiring photos and yummy recipes, tips and crafting projects.

One of the things which inspired me most was what she calls "Mass Production": make several pieces of the same card/tag/project. I never thought I could do that, mainly because I do not have friends or relatives I can sell my cards to, so I don't need to pile up. I don't even send cards so I don't need them for myself, even if I sometimes need a card and don't have one made by myself.

But... I decided I had to try. First of all, I have to let my papers go: I'm always afraid to finish that perfect sheet of paper and avoid using too much BUT, as Michelle says, they keep on selling papers, I can eventually buy some more if I need it. Second, I have to trust myself and be positive I will sell more than one card.

The other day I decided to make a card with a lovely stamped image I had colored few days before: I chose the card, the paper, added glitter, found the sentiment and the embellishment. It was quite easy to finish it and I found it so lovely I decided to make two more. I had stamped several copies of the same image and it was so easy to color them following the finished card. I cut the paper which was still on my table, add sentiments which I had in some copies and punched the snowflake... et voilĂ , three cards made so easily and quickly!

This lovely stamp is from Lili of the Valley and I colored it with watercolor pencils and added tons of glitter to the igloo to make it shine like snow.
The dotted paper is from Dovecraft (Christmas Fancy Collection) and the wonderful aqua card was bought in Paris: it's such a lovely color! It was hard to use three of them but I love so much the finished card that I think it was worth the effort!

When I saw the three cards on my table I felt so proud of myself and it was really rewarding.

Well, maybe three cards are not properly a "Mass Production" but it's certainly more than one...

I'll enter this card in Lili of the Valley Challenge # 113 which says "Aqua, White and Glitter". What lovely combination!

I enjoyed myself so much in mass producing that I'm still in that mode...

1 comment:

  1. HI sweetie this is stunning, love your choice of image too, thanks so much for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete