Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cards for Emily - Part 1

A few days ago I read about "A Card for Emily"on Dustin Pike blog.
Emily is a 7 year-old girl who is fighting leukemia and Dustin let us choose one of his Daisy and Buttercup images to make a card to be sent to her.
I asked my daughter if she would like to make a card for this little girl and she made this:

She used the Daisy and Buttercup image from Dustin Pike, colored it with colored pencils and glitter and embellished the card with paper flowers, rhinestones and a pretty pink satin bow.
She also wrote a very moving message inside the card, which I translated into English hoping to be able to keep the same atmosphere. I suggested her not to write about illness or recovering and she really wrote THE perfect message.

I'm finishing my card and I'll post it as soon as ready.

If you want to send a card to Emily, you can read about it here.

Thanks, Dustin!

1 comment:

  1. Kisses from Italy, That should make Emily feel much better. Love your embelishments and coloring. Thanks for joining us this week at "Pike's Playground" and sending a card to Emily.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete