Sunday, August 11, 2013

Christmas Trees.

Although I love my Christmas Tree and trees in general, I find it difficult to use them as images for my cards. They are never my first choice when I think of a Christmas card, even if I adore the fact that, besides the green, I can add touches of colors and glitter in the balls or lights.

But this week I had to make something with a Christmas tree for my DT work at Christmas Card Challenges. The theme is EVERGREEN and this is my creation:

I love to make tags and this Christmas Tree from Broken Box Stock (it is available in a set of 4 Christmas themed images, here in black and white and here colored) was just perfect for what I had in mind.
It seems that I've had these tags forever: I think I bought them at Ikea many years ago and I've never managed to make something with them but they were perfect for the country look I had in mind.
I added stripes of paper from Rayher and some bling with a couple of rhinestones and glitter on the trees.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what my fellow DT members have created with evergreen!
If you are curious too, have a look at their blogs:

Sabrina

Well, although we are in full summer, September is really around the corner and Christmas will be here very soon... so let's create cards and projects!

2 comments:

  1. So cute. I love these tags. I just checked out Broken Box and they have some really cute digis at very reasonable prices. So glad I'm on a DT with you :)
    {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful. Very clever to dress up pre-made tags and the result is spectacular. They do have a wonderful country feel.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete