Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Meljen's Designs Challenge # 80 and some updates...

Well, I know... I promised to post more often than in the summer but somehow three weeks have passed since my last post. I'm sorry.

But...

I was not on holiday... I am working on new cards and paper goods, I've tried new techniques, I've made cards in more than one sample... I'm really a busy bee!

I love fall: I love changing colors, I love that we're back on routine, I love thinking about Christmas which is really just around the corner. This fall we've been blessed with such a wonderful weather: we wore T-shirts until last week. Well, now we are freezing and I don't like it at all... The funny thing about this fall is that it seems we've missed... fall! From summer temperatures we dropped to winter temperatures...
This to say that in this period of the year I'm usually full of energies, inspiration and things to make.

I made several Christmas cards and tags, often in more than one copy, lots of notebooks, girly things and this card:
I know that Mother's Day is so far away (and this is the reason why you probably won't see this card up in the shop now) but I wanted to take part in Meljen's Designs Challenge # 80 and I wanted to use this digi stamp. The request is to "Use a Ribbon" and it wasn't difficult since I love ribbons and bows and I often use them in my cards.
For probably the first time I've decorated the inside of the card too:

I printed several small and bigger whales on two dotted papers: then, I simply had to cut them and decorate them with some glitter.

This little whale is one of my first digis and still one of my favorite, I made several different cards with it and this time I wanted to use the full potential of digi stamps and create two digis from just one image.
My daughter and I use to go to see a dolphin show every summer and she loves it and she loves dolphins so I thought about celebrating this event we do together with this card. They are whales and not dolphins but they remind me of our happy trip.

As for my other "achievements" I can anticipate I made a card with a movable image, discovered the magic of Copics, made tons of Christmas tags and little notebooks...
I'll post about them soon!

1 comment:

  1. This is so adorable. Love the soft colors and the way you incorporated the challenge into your creation. Thanks for sharing on the Meljen's Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete