Thursday, October 27, 2011

Can Dinos Bling?

My sweet niece is turning three in a few days. Her latest - and long-lasting - passion are dinos and some weeks ago I bought a set of digi stamps from Doodle Dragon Studios featuring lovely dinos with the idea to make a birthday card for her. I often buy digis or stamp with an idea in mind but most times I end up in buying one... Is it possible that a cardmaker buys cards for friends and relatives?

Fully in my "mass production" mode I found the time to make a birthday card for my niece and make three more for my shop (of for future needs).

This is my card - Girly version:
My niece is in love with dinos but she's also a very girly girl and so I decided to use lots of glitter: balloons are glittered, the gift bow is glittered and the paper (from DCWV) is also glittered. I added a shiny satin pink bow and some pearls.
All this glitter and bling suit perfectly the requirement of Dustin Pike Challenge "All Things Shiny".

But, can dinos be glittery???

In any case, I made also a version for boys, less glittery:
... well, I couldn't help myself and added some bling there too!!!

4 comments:

  1. Both ways are mighty cute! Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how one image can make 2 totally different cards, both fab. Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card(s)! Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are both beautiful - and of course Dino's like a bit of sparkle - don't we all!! Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground.

    ReplyDelete