Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Bit Sad...

After watching her stamps for a while, last February I decided to treat myself with one of her images. Last week, I finally had an idea on how to use this stamp on a card and I created this:

I am talking about Dearie Dolls digi stamps: lovely dolls, bunnies, girls...

Just after Easter Sunday, I decided I had some time to spend browsing through her store and treat myself with some new digis...

But...

Both shops were disapeared from the web.

I contacted Mary Ellen, the creator, and she confirmed that her shops are closed now but hopefully they'll re-open soon.

The girl on the card reminds me of my daughter and I chose it with her. She loves to cook with me or with her dad and this image is just perfect for her.

When I bought it I already had in mind the way I'd have colored her dress: red and white! Then I decided to go for a new kraft paper in order to be able to enter my card in a Challenge I love but I had never entered before, That's Crafty Challenge # 60 down at The Spotted Chick blog.

I used a Doodlebug paper from the Sweet Cakes Collection (I love it, it's been terrible to use it for my card but I can't keep it forever without purpose, right?), a red ribbon and a fork charm I bought the other day for this card (I also wanted a spoon charm but I couldn't find it!).

Well, I love it and I hope Dearie Dolls will be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment