Saturday, November 3, 2012

Christmas Critters

Christmas is coming... Shops are putting on the festive dress, filling their shelves with Christmas goodies.
A bit "late" this year, maybe because it was warm until last week and Christmas seemed far away? Or maybe because that mid-October was too early in any case...

Being a crafter and making Christmas cards for most of the year, I'm always happy when I see something festive around: I love to see new trends, to have some inspiration and to be completely in the right mood for holiday creations.
But, the other "me" refuses to buy ornaments and home decorations so early. The most horrible thing is that, when it's almost Christmas, most big shops have already taken away Christmas items.

Well, let's go back to cards.
Today I'm happy to show a card I've just finished with a lovely stamp from Meljen's Designs called Ice Skating Mouse:

This picture is a bit dark, I'm sorry. The Easel card is white and the panel below is a light blue-green glittered paper.

I colored the mouse with Copics and glitter and added rhinestones, glittered snowflakes and dots of pink paint. Isn't she cute?

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
The Crafty Pad Challenge # 194: Christmas Is Coming

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute image & a lovely card!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this time in our Christmas Is Coming Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little iceskating mouse! I love the clean design with all those lovely snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely Christmas card .. so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Divas! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute digi and love the colouring. Thanks for joining us over at CSAYL xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, this is so darn cute! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card. Too bad your scanner is not showing it off properly. I have the same problem with my new scanner. Liked my old one much better

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card! I agree with you about the shops, I really dislike seeing all the Christmas stuff this early and then the day after it is magically gone. I really do love how you colored up the little skater mouse, she is so cute..and the glittery ice skates are perfect. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs. Goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is that little mouse!! I love it
    Thanks for getting festive with us at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete