Thursday, November 8, 2012

Red for Christmas

It took me more than 20 years to appreciate the color RED.
I still remember (for I still have it) the first red cardigan I bought. I had never loved it as color in general and  I couldn't wear it, despite it is said that red is the color for Aries.

I don't wear all that red now, especially in winter, but I've bought a few red things in these past years that are still in my wardrobe.

But the Christmas color "par excellence" is red.
Although I love to make cards in pink and pastel colors cards, when I make one in red or red and green, it shouts "Christmas!".

Like the one I've just finished:

Inspired by the current challenge at Crafts and Me Challenge where RED is the theme, I've used this gorgeous stamp and papers by Wild Rose Studio which I colored with Copics and glitter. I wanted it to sparkle, so I added rhinestones and, for a special touch, I added a satin ribbon tied in a bow.

I love its vintage feel and the light it has when Imove it under the light!

Wow... Christmas is coming!

This card is perfect for the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: V is for vibrant colors
Whimsy Stamps Challenge # 53: Traditional Christmas Colors
Paper Crafting Journey: Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Your so right, Christmas screams red and your card fits the bill perfectly.
    Thanks for playing along with Whimsy Designs and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well all I can say is your red card is fabulous! and thanks for joining in with the Ribbon Girl challenge, Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!! I love how you used red and that beautiful colored image! Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Designs and good luck!
    xx,
    Brenda,
    Whimsy Digi DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete