Sunday, November 25, 2012

Elves for Christmas

Elves have been a passion of mine since back in the '90s when I discovered a painting book by Annie Lang: Elves from my Shelves. Since then, I've always loved having elves around for Christmas, in one form or another.

Earlier this year, I bought an elf image from Meljen's Designs called Santa's Little Helper.

I've just finished two cards with him:


and


For the first one I used brighter and more modern colors, the second is more traditional. Both elves have been colored with Copics and glitter.
As for patterned papers: the first one uses papers from the Christmas Joy Paper Pad by First Edition, the second uses paper from DCWV Christmas Papers.

The face of this little elf makes me smile every time I look at it!

I'm entering the first card in the following challenges:
Divas by Design Challenge # 62: Use Two or More Patterned Papers

3 comments:

  1. Two brilliant cards, love the fab image...thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elf is sharing his bright smile with all! I love both cards, but the traditional one is my favorite!!! Thank you for joining our Meljen's Challenge this week.
    Ruza, MD DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your cards are so cute and love all the beautiful colors. Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men. We love seeing all the wonderful creations. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete