Tuesday, November 20, 2012

With Love at Christmas

Our most heartfelt tradition for Christmas here is Italy is certainly the Nativity: we make beautiful scenes with little statues, mountains, lakes and little villages.
When I was a child, my mom always made a Nativity village: she made the sky with a blue chiffon fabric with lots of stars, she made mountains with paper, a lake with a mirror, the desert with real sand and she added little stones and musk here and there. Then, she added those lovely little houses with a light in them : it was so magic!
Although the Nativity was set up on December 8, little baby Jesus arrived on the 24th once we came home from the midnight Mass and I still keep the tradition with my daughter: as soon as we arrive home she puts our little Jesus in His cradle.
I'm not good at making the Nativity: we only have a hut and the main characters, no lights, no mountains, no lake... my excuse is that we have no space to dedicate to a bigger scene but the truth is that I'm not good at making it.
Once I grew older, I decorated the Christmas tree while my mom and my sister created the nativity (probably, my little sister was tired to hang Christmas decorations on the back of the tree only and she decided it was better to work with mum...).

Last year I found a lovely image from DigiStamp Boutique called Cute Naitvity Kids and this year I've made this card:
I've used a white easel card I bought last month at a craft fair, added a glittered light blue paper and this lovely digi stamp colored with Copics. The turquoise ribbon around the edge give that special touch.

I'm entering this card into the following Challenges:
DigiStamp Boutique November Customer Competition: Anything Goes with DigiStamp Boutique
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge # 99: use something more than 6 months old
(the digi stamp was bought last year).

2 comments:

  1. Awww a beautiful image - a card with the true meaning of Christmas - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 99 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..this is gorgeous Monica. Thank you for joining in the Digi Stamp Boutique competition....Sally-Ann x

    ReplyDelete