Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Paper Shelter DT Call

The second card I've made this week is for a DT Call:

I bought this digi stamp from The Paper Shelter around Christmas but it was too late to make Christmas cards. I fell in love with its sweetness and poetry. I used only a part of the digi here, it actually has two gnomes and a little mouse watching them.
As soon as I read that they were looking for new DT members I thought about making a card with this digi. Ehm... well, to tell you the truth, the very first thing I thought was that I could never become a DT for them but then I decided I had to try.
The main thing they want to see in applicants' cards is colouring and, fingers crossed, I did my best with my new Copics. As you know, I'm quite new to Copics and I'm still practising.
I glittered each and every light, the gnome's belt and the pom-pom on his hat... Oohh! How I love glitter!
I wanted to keep the colors simple and I chose this red and white color scheme: a red card, white and red papers, red dots made with paint.
Christmas is over and I should be making Valentine cards but I couldn't wait to color this gnome and I have in mind to make at least one Christmas card per week... well, maybe every two weeks....

This card will be entered in The Paper Shelter Design Team Call

and

in the ABC Christmas Challenge: A for Anything Goes

Fingers crossed for the DT Call, for the Challenge and... for I manage to make one Christmas card/week in 2012!

PS: this card won't be for sale in my Etsy shop until later this year. Should you be interested in it, please let me know and I'll list it.

1 comment:

  1. oh wow, i love how you have done this!!
    great Job. Thanks for joining us at TPS and good luck with the DT call.
    Hugs
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete