Sunday, July 8, 2012

Just for the Boys

My first approach to paper crafting was probably dry embossing. Years ago I discovered Lasting Impressions and I fell in love with their design, papers, templates.

I was still working full time so I had little time to craft but more money to treat myself with some of their goodies every now and then.

One of the things I loved most were their "simply square" cards and their "lengthy notes".
I made many cards with the first ones but I rarely used the notes: they are not folded, just a simple sheet and a bit long, so they remained in their box until the other day, when I created this:

When I saw this London Collection set of digi stamps at Digistamp Boutique I immediately fall in love with these little soldiers and had an idea for a card. Card that I made immediately for a customer who was looking for soldiers.
Then I had the idea to make a line of soldiers with one going the wrong way and my old lenghty note was perfect!
I made a folded card with white paper and glued the lengthy note on the front. It is embossed and then I colored the embossed part with a red Copic. Soldiers are also colored with Copics and then cut (well, this part was not very funny...).

This card is for:

Digistamp Boutique July Customer Competition: Anything goes with DSB images

and, following Sally-Ann suggestion:

2 comments:

  1. A brilliant creation - I love it!...thanks for joining in with our competition at DigiStamp Boutique...Sally-Ann :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun creation and definitely worth the effort of cutting all those soldiers. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete