It's time for a new challenge at Broken Box Stock and it's particularly challenging: use recycled materials!
It's great to be challenged to create something pretty using something which is about to finish in a trash bin!
This is what I created for the Challenge:
These are little magnets I made using some chipboard squares I found in chips packages which prevented enclosed stickers to bend. They were white and lovely and perfect for craft projects.
I then cut some music paper from an old music book, added some Distress Ink and then the fabulous Tea Time Set from Broken Box Stock: it comes already colored in this lovely yellow and blue color palette, I added some glitter here and there, a little sentiment and... voilà, a perfect magnet set which will look beautiful in every kitchen!
A while before knowing about the Recycled materials challenge, I made this little plaque:
I used the Garden Toodle digi stamp and mounted it on a plaque made with a piece of cardstock I saved from a packaging. Pretty papers, butterflies and pretty buttons make it a special sign for every garden lover!
But now, these are the guidelines for the Challenge:
Use a graphic from Broken Box Stock to create a card/paper craft that incorporates something recycled/reused.
- Design your card on a piece of card stock from junk mail that you would have thrown away.
- Use a cardboard box to cut out cute embellishments like hearts, flowers, stars.
- Flip through old magazines to find material for your creation (images, patterns, background color, etc).
- Use newspaper in your creation.
- Cut up an old greeting card to embellish with.
- Basically just reuse or recycle something in your design!
You may use a color or digital stamp graphic in your design. Feel free to use our freebies too! View our entire freebie collection here.
Deadline: Thursday, July 19, 2012 @ 5:00pm
Prize: $5.00 Gift Certificate to www.BrokenBoxStock.com
1) Use our clipart/digital stamps as the main design element.
2) Follow the challenge's specific design criteria above.
3) To enter your card in the challenge, use our "inlinkz" link tool below.
4) No back linking.
5) Up to 3 entries per person.
6) Subscribe to our blog so you know if you win (and can claim your prize)!
So, what are you waiting for?