Thursday, July 5, 2012

I Can't Believe I Did It!

I did it!

I cleaned, reorganized, decluttered my craft room!

I had piles of things to sort, to find a place for, to throw away, lots of dust and now... it's all clean!

Last Tuesday I decided to start: I thought I needed three days but it took one week!

It's not all in its place, I have a few bags of things to donate, a couple of bags of old papers to be thrown away and a big box full of craft books, craft materials etc. which hopefully I'll be able to list on ebay in the next few months.

I lost the count of how many bags of papers I tossed: I decided to keep just a few cooking magazines and recipes I cut in the last years. I don't like to cook and recipes are available everywhere so I decided it was better to let them go to someone who maybe is interested and donated them. The same with craft and stitching books and magazines: some are old, some are out of my current taste, some are gifts i've never liked...

I did not manage to throw photos away but I promised I'll take sometimes to sort them and put them in albums so thet they can be more enjoyable.

My daughter helped me a lot and she had a great fun when I put all the things that were on the floor in the living room! It was difficult to walk and sit down on the sofa! I had tons of empty boxes and I managed to toss half of them at the end. Not as many as I thought but at least lots of them are gone!

In addition, I managed to create something early in the morning while waiting for my daughter to wake up:



TAGS!
I made a few, using some chipboard tags I found while I was sorting some of my craft materials and I had so much fun I'm planning to do some more!

This little plane is from The Alley Way: I colored it with Copics and used 3D dots to glue it on the tag. A dotted paper and a pretty bow and... voilà!

It's perfect for these challenges:

and
The Cutie Pie Challenge # 21: One for the Boys

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag and well done on having a good old declutter!! Thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies!!
    Hugs Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable tag - fab design and cute plane.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Cutie Pie this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's inspiring...i need to declutter too T__T love your cute little airplane :)

    xo, Kristina
    Sharing bloggy love from SSS challenge
    Come by and see me sometime!
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete