Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mele Kalikimaka

When I print digis on speciality papers, I always try to fit as many as possible into the sheet so that no paper is wasted.

A while ago I was printing something and I added a lovely digi stamp I wanted to create with in the other half of the sheet.

I'm starting thinking about Christmas: last year I managed to make some Christmas cards during the whole year and I found myself with a batch of cards ready to be listed early in fall. My idea was to do the same this year but so far I managed to make only two (identical) cards.

So, I printed this funny image and the other day I colored it:

The Santa shark is from Doodle Dragon Studios and I colored it with Copics and glitter.
I used a paper from DCWV Winter paper pack which has a winter theme but both the color and the pattern give me the idea of water.

This summery-Christmassy card is just pefect for Jingle Bells Challenge: Mele Kalikimaka. Bright summery colors and theme for a Christmas card!

I do not list Christmas cards in my Etsy shop yet but if you'd like to buy one card that you see here on the blog, plase ask and I'll be pleased to put it in the shop.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i ♥LOVE♥ that hilarious image, what a great focal point for this fun and festive holiday card! (i love that "watery" background paper as well, and the heart on the twine is the PERFECT finishing touch!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that Santa Shark ... love his fun fuzzy beard ... so glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete