Saturday, June 23, 2012

Do You Love Spring Cleaning?

I definitely don't.

In fact, I should call them... Summer cleaning... I started on Thursday with my daughter's room. We emptied it, she started sorting things while I was cleaning windows, shelves, bed... everything! Then we filled it again, cleaning, washing and... magic words: THROWING AWAY!

Well, maybe things actually thrown away were just a few... most of them are to be saved in the basement or given to cousins. A few items were kept for charity, my daughter's school asks for toys and comics in good conditions to be sold to raise money for activities and materials. We are a bit late this year so they will be saved... in the basement until next year!
I threw away four bags full of papers and plastic to be recycled but I have three piles of books and toys ready for the basement and I have no idea where I'll put them (the basement being already full!).

Anyway, this is probably the most exciting part of the spring cleaning: throw away old, unused things, declutter and create space.

When I received this new digi stamp from Broken Box Stock called Cleaning Toodle I smiled: I knew that I had to start cleaning and my face was EXACTLY as the face of this lovely Toodle!

This one:

I've used a perfect paper from Doodlebug and a lovely satin ribbon. She wears pearl earrings and necklace... a feminine touch is always necessary!
The problem was the sentiment... the very first thing I thought about when I started planning the card was... my mom! She hasn't started her spring cleaning yet and I thought that a funny card would make her start with a smile and "Good Luck!" was a perfect wish! I should definitely make an Italian version for her!

I'm entering this card into the following Challenges:
and
Paper Playtime Challenge # 77: Anything Goes plus add a sentiment!

I'm not even as elegant as this Toodle when I clean but I've had such a great time coloring and creating this card that I'll probably be a bit happier the next time I'll hoover the house!

5 comments:

  1. Hi There,
    What a really thoughtful card, I love the theme, it's brilliant....sounds like your having a real clear out...enjoy.
    Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...super card, bright and cheerful, enjoy your SUMMER cleaning..lol thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this is adorable! I loved your, Do you like spring cleaning? I'm thinking no, then I see you say you don't. LOL GREAT card! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - the colors are great!

    Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime!

    Lucy
    http://www.love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete