Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What a Week!

The last couple of times I tried to sign in Blogger there were problems... I hate technology when it does not work. For me, computers and everything related should always work and never have problems or be slow... It makes me really furious!

Anyway, my birthday party decorations are almost done! I'm preparing them little by little because I don't have enough space to glitter 45 tags all at once and let them dry so I do them in groups. Everything has some glitter (of course...) and everything needs to rest for a while before being touched or packed.

While waiting for some bigger pieces to dry, this afternoon I made a card for two of my favorite challenges: I used the image given by one of them and the sketch given by another... Perfect!

But let's start from the beginning.
This is the card:
The digi was given by Hambo as participants in last week challenge and the layout to follow was this one from Sweet Sketch Wednesday:

This card will be entered in the following Challenges:
Hambo Hoedown Challenge # 15: in addition to the image, the request was to use bright colors and paper piecing. I paper pieced the basket (is it the correct word?) and colored the digi with my watercolor pencils. The background paper from an old Sizzix stash is maybe not too bright but I used brighter and bolder colors in the other elements of the card. I loved the idea of lightness and movement the bubbles give to the card!

Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge # 101: they gave us the lovely sketch.

Karen Doodles Challenge: they asks for Bold and Bright colors.

I adore this little girl on flying in her baloon! A really great image, isn't it?

7 comments:

  1. Adorable design and great job with the sketch! I like your sparkly gems! Thanks for dancing in the Hoedown this week~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great digi!! Loving it! Perfect sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet little image & perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica, very cute image and lovely sentiment. Love the design paper with the bubbles at the back looks like clouds.Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Monica, yes, you have to love blogger this week. It wasn't working for several days. I love your darling image. And, your DP is just perfect with it. Thanks for sharing your card with us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card Monica! Just love this fun image and the bright, happy colors that "lift" my spirits! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon
    SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!Lovely colours!
    Thank you for joining Karen`s Doodles this week and good luck!

    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete