Friday, November 18, 2011

Family

To me Christmas has always meant Family. Family traditions, family dinners and family time.
Now that I am a mom, it's even more family.
Not only I look forward Christmas Eve when we go at my mom's and have a lovely dinner with my sister and her family but I also love to prepare the atmosphere for my daughter.
I decorate the house, we decorate the Christmas tree together, there's always a small Advent Calendar to help us counting down to Christmas, a Nativity to remember the reason for Christmas celebrations.
I wait in bed on Christmas Day for my daughter who wakes up, look in the living room and says: "Santa has come!". Maybe this year will be the last one she believes in Santa but to me it'll always be something to treasure: the magic of Christmas! The lights, the warmth, the time spent together, the astonishment of children in front of these little things, the poetry of Christmas.

To celebrate Family, I made this card:

I actually bought this S.W.A.L.K. stamp to reach a minimum order value in an online shop but once I had it in my hands I had to make something with it and a family Christmas card was perfect.
I used a patterned paper I've recently found at Ikea in a lovely card kit on sale! Felt and paper snowflakes to celebrate winter and ice-skating and a heart charm to celebrate family and love.
And... I remember when I was a young girl I wanted to learn ice skating and sometimes my parents brought me to a rink so I could try: maybe my dad was not too happy to drive a long way on chilly Sunday mornings but he wanted to make me happy...
Treasured family moments I'll always bring with me.

I'm enetering this card into:
ABC Christmas Challenge: W is for Winter Sports
Crafters Comapnion Challenge # 18: Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let it Snow
Fab'n'Funky Challenge # 99: Baby, It's Cold Outside

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Post - love your memories of Christmas! and love your card too! Gorgeous image and coloured beautifully! Love the paper and embellishments. Perfect family card!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck with the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your family inspired card great little image

    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with my Let It Snow challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful card such a cute image, Thanks for coming to join us at ABC Christmas Challenge for our winter sports challenge, I hope you can come play again soon you can enter as many times as you like per challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card - love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week, hope to see you again soon.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card, lovely image and love the little embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your card is so pretty! This image is adorable, of course you had to make somehitng with it:-)!! Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, such a sweet image and perfect for our 'Winter Sport' Challenge over at ABC Christmas :)

    Thanks for joining in,

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete