Friday, December 3, 2010

Let the Shopping Begin!

I LOVE shopping!

It's absolutely one of my favourite activities!!

And in this period there are so many reasons to go shopping: gifts, family reunions, decorations, parties...

This week I did not manage to work too much on challenge projects as I was quite busy with family chores. Yesterday, we decorated the Christmas tree and spent some time in the Christmas market my daughter's school organises to raise some extra money to pay for activities and books.

Now, with the tree on we are really in the Christmas mood!

The only card I've managed to prepare for a challenge this week is for the Bugaboo Catch the Bug Challenge which has a shopping theme + something black.

This is my card:

Unfortunately, the day is dark, even if it's only 9:00 am there's little light. I went outside to take the picture but light was still not enough.

I imagine this little boy so proud of his Christmas shopping. Maybe a gift for his mom or dad? Maybe a gift for himself!

I bought this digi from Bugaboo because his face reminds me the face of my 20-month nephew and I simply couldn't resist. I already colored the same image in light greens and yellows but I made a more elegant (and black one) to follow this challenge rules.

I mounted it on a black card with patterned paper from DCWV embellished with matching punched stars. The digi is colored with watercolor pencils and the gift is covered with crystal glitter.

Happy Christmas shopping!

3 comments:

  1. This is way too cute!!
    Thanks so much for join us this week for the Black Friday/Shopping challenge at the Catch The Bug Blog!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun! love the paper! thank you for playing in our latest Bugaboo challenge at Catch the bug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun card! Great DP! Thanks for playing in the Bugaboo Challenge with us!

    ReplyDelete