Sunday, November 28, 2010

Let It Snow!

It's snowing!!!

I LOVE snow, I actually do but not in town. The traffic goes mad, the streets are slippery and it's cold.

It's been snowing for less than 5 hours and I'm already tired.

I had lunch at my mother's who got a cold and ask my husband to drop me there so we did not have to take two cars to go to the theater this morning. I said to myself that a bus ride back wouldn't have been too bad, I could have seen our wonderful town center with Christmas lights and a few shops already open.

But...

At noon it started snowing. The buses where both on time, I didn't have to wait under the snow but the soccer match couldn't be played under such a snow storm and it was canceled when everybody was already in the stadium.

I'm one of those unlucky Italian girls who have the misfortune to live near a soccer stadium, and this means that on Sundays I have to remember if our team plays at home if I want to invite somebody or if I have to go out.

Today it meant that the bus had to change its route because the road was full of people going out of the stadium. The traffic was terrible and it took me ages to come back home. I had to get out of the bus quite far from home under the snow and I arrived home frozen and wet.

I think I hate more soccer than snow (and this is no good for an Italian girl...) but today I was really fed up with both of them. (I apologise if "fed up" is not too polite but it's the most efficient English word I'm thinking to describe my mood...).

Anyway, in celebration of snow and snowflakes I've made a card for two challenges which have snow as theme:

Crafts and Me (http://craftsandmechallenges.blogspot.com/) which wants to see snowflakes

and

Digital Tuesday (http://digitaltuesdaychallenge.blogspot.com/) which has a Let It Snow theme.

Here's my card:
I already used this stamp by the Digistamp Boutique for my first challenge ever and I love it so much that I decided to make another card changing colors and sketch.

The stamp is colored with watercolor pencils as usual, the patterned paper is from Echo Park and snowflakes are punched and embellished with rhinestones.

It's incredible how quickly everything gets white and covered with snow, silent and peaceful.

Well, maybe for tonight I'll try to see how beautiful snow is.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet card.
    Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card.
    Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete