Monday, December 3, 2012

Baby's First Christmas

Being born at the end of December, my daughter's first Christmas found her almost 1 year old, ready to reach the tree and break something.

It was a very sad Christmas and I remember the two of us playing near the sofa with some new teddy bears and two dogs singing Christmas carols when we touched their hands. She had great fun and I had too, just looking at her happy face.

Some years have passed and Christmas days have always been happier than that very first one. Today in particular I'm waiting for her to come back from school and decorate the Christmas tree!
She was so excited this morning!

Last week I was lucky enough to win the first prize at ABC Christmas Challenge so I decided I had to make a card for the new Challenge.

The theme is X for X Marks the Spot  and I've made this card:

When it was time to add the ribbon, I chose a very narrow one so that, once tied, it seemed a "X".

The image is a very old one from Pink Petticoat which I colored with Copics and glitter. Papers are from The Winter Stack by DCWV.

This card is for the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: X for X Marks the Spot
Ladybug Crafts Challenge # 4: Christmas and/or Winter
Fussy and Fancy Challenge # 77: I Love Christmas

4 comments:

  1. fab card
    thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous, lovely image, thanks for joining our challenge at Ladybug crafts x Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cute baby first christmas card. Love the design with the crossed bow and design with the snowflake papers. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck.Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Have a Merry Christmas with your daughter.
    Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete