Monday, December 17, 2012

Vintage Christmas


This should be my last Christmas card for this year.
Apart from my DT work, I've decided to stop making Christmas cards, put away some stamps I didn't manage to use and take some time for family, house cleaning and daily chores before Christmas.

When I saw this Stampavie stamp I decided it would have been a perfect addition to my collection. And when I inked it, I decided to keep its Victorian atmosphere using soft traditional colors.
Anyway, this is my card:

I've found a very old ivory paper with snowflakes (I'm sorry I don't even remember where I bought it) and added a few touches: a grey cardstock panel and stripe behind the image, a glittered snowflake and a touch of glitter on the snow.
I love its atmosphere which reminds me of Christmas past, Dicken's novels and London in the late 1800s.

Well, being my last Christmas card I suppose these will be the last Challenges I'm entering for this year:

Crafty Mess Challenge # 23: Vintage Christmas
DYSU Challenge # 102: Christmas 

I'll surely be back for some new DT cards but for now, Happy Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute Christmas card. I love the sweet stamp and design of this.
    Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sundays.
    Happy Christmas
    Hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet non-traditional card! Adorable little image and design. Love the snowflake paper and the stitching.

    Thank you so very much for playing with us in Christmas Time Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So happy that you could join us this week.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you wanted the stamp - it's super and so is your card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card thanks for joining us at Crafty Mess this week x

    ReplyDelete