Sunday, December 16, 2012

An Unusual Color Combo

I'm definitely behind schedule with my Christmas cards but I want to use all the stamps I bought earlier this year... well, maybe not every single one...

Today, I'm showing you a card I've made with a stamp from Penny Black that I fell in love with some time ago and finally managed to buy.

Aren't they lovely?
It seems that another favorite of mine for Christmas are critters, and this cute trio is so sweet I couldn't miss it!
For a change from pinks and traditional Christmas colors, this time I've tried with an unusual color combo: kraft and glitter.
If I were asked before this card, I would have answered that no, no, it doesn't work! But I've tried and I'm quite surprised with the result.
I think that these kraft colors are perfect for the critters and that a touch of glitter and sparkle is perfect for Christmas!

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge: What's your Favorite

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Monica :-) I love this image and the paper with kraft and red is FAB :-) I love the CAS design too ,, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty and inviting Christmas card Monica, the happy colours look really good against the Kraft background.

    It's great to see you at Penny Black and More challenge this month and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monica, such happy little fur "stocking stuffers" these little guys make! Very sweet, and the coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and l like the papers you have used and of course the stamp is lovely too.
    Thank you for joining the Its Your Choice challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete