Friday, May 31, 2013

Something Shabby.

Today I want to show you something shabby.
Inspired by this week's challenge theme over at Crafts and Me (I won a fabulous prize last week!), I decided to make a card using some typically shabby elements.
I love shabby chic style, especially when it's about roses, pale pinks and greens, distressed furniture and romantic details.

With the help of an adorable stamp from Lawn Fawn - Sew Lovely, I made this card:

I used a paper doily, a satin and a crocheted ribbon, some buttons, some fabrics and an organza rose: everything shabby!
The dress form is stamped with black ink and the dress is made with paper piecing.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps Challenge # 57: Bingo (ribbon/lace-flowers-sentiment)
Craft Your Passion Challenge # 164: Natural Materials (cotton fabric and ribbon)

4 comments:

  1. I like everything about this card. The background paper is beautiful and provides a lovely backdrop for all of the sweet sewing details. Beautiful trims, love the fabric squares, and the button card. Thanks for joining our Natural Materials challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Lovely... thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion!
    -Adina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shabby chic card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card! I love the shabby chic look! Thanks for joining us at ATSC, hugs, Marlies

    ReplyDelete