Monday, July 15, 2013

No Embellishments??!

When I read the theme for this fortnight challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge I was pretty sure I wouldn't have entered.
No embellishments? How can I make a card without a little pearl, a shiny rhinestone or a lovely ribbon?
Then, while planning my future DT cards, I had a few ideas and this is the card:

I've used one of my treasured cards from Lasting Impressions with this lovely embossed border. Then, I've glued the image from Meljen's Designs colored with Copics in the middle of the card with a sweet sentiment.
Clean and simple, even without embellishments!

This card is for the following challenges:
ABC Christmas Challenge: N is for No Embellishments
FAb'n'Funky Challenge # 179: Christmas in July
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge # 215: 11th of July Christmas

11 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card!! Thank you for joining our Christmas in July challenge at Inky Impressions this week,

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Christmas card...Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us in this week's challenge at Inky Impressions! Hugs E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card,super cute! thanks so much for sharing with us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card :-) the image is very cute and I love the CAS design ,,,, fabulous ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fun card - thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly where you're coming from. NO EMBELLISHMENTS!!! What is the world coming to!! LOL. Your card is lovely and I love the cute image. Glad you joined us.
    Thank you so much for joining in with our ‘N – No embellishment’ challenge at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for :
    ABC Christmas Challenge,
    As You Like It Challenge,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stamp Fairy.


    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card - love that sweet image!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sará anche "NO embellishments", peró è meravigliosa!
    Ciao, buona estate!
    vive-lavi

    ReplyDelete