Sunday, September 15, 2013

Music! At Christmas Card Challenges

This week I've had great fun in creating my card for Christmas Card Challenges.
The theme is Music and, while looking through my stamps to find a proper image, I've come across Music Lucy from DigiStamp Boutique, a digi I bought a long ago and never used.

My challenge was to transform an everyday image into a Christmas one, a modern-looking girl into a girl suitable for a vintage-looking card.

I started with the papers: I've found the music paper in the Lost & Found Christmas paper pad from My Mind's Eye and matched it with another paper in the same collection.
Then I colored Lucy using the most "vintage" colors I had among my Copics and added a few details.

Here's my card:
I really love how it's turned out and, even if Lucy is still a modern-looking girl, she is at her ease in a vintage-looking card!

As usual, have a look at my teammates' cards, they always do a great job:
Sabrina

Well, Christmas is fast approaching but I should have made 30+ Christmas cards so far! Maybe I'll be able to make at least 50 by the end of November!

I'm entering this card into DigiStamp Boutique September Customer Competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment