Monday, May 19, 2014

With Sympathy.

Some years ago I received an email from an Etsy customer pointing out how absurd was the tagging of one of my cards.
I actually added the "sympathy" tag to a card which was not meant for sympathy because I thought the word had the same meaning it has in Italian.
Stupid me not to have checked the dictionary!
 
I never managed to make a proper "for sympathy" card since I love cute whimsical images and they seem to be too much for such a delicate moment.
Luckily enough, I saw a stamp in Eat Cake Graphics shop which immeditely gave me the inspiration to make a sympathy card, poetic enough and not too sad or funny:
 
 
She is Jessica Holds a Flower: I colored her with Copics and mounted her on a small card with background papers from Graphic45. I  wanted to keep the card light and fresh, I love the smile on Jessica's face and the windy atmosphere, which for me is perfect for a sympathy card.
 
Isn't she cute?
 
Eat Cake Graphics stamps used:
 
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Come and Get It Challenge: Bingo (Ribbon/Free Choice/Stripes)
Just for Fun Challenge: Ribbon or Lace
QKR Stampede Challenge # 88: Use Punch or Dies (Tiny punched butterflies)
Feeling Crafty Challenge # 28: One for the Girls/Ladies
One Crazy Stamper May Challenge: Anything Goes and An Embellishment

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, and a great use of a cute image on a sympathy card! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job love the image, so cute, great added touch with the ribbon and the papers you used are so pretty. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

    Leanne DT@OCS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Punches/Dies." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal QKR Stampede DT

    ReplyDelete