Friday, March 8, 2013

Being Late

I'm rarely late.
Although I don't like wearing a watch and all the clocks around the house do not give the same hour, I manage to be always in time. Maybe my Swiss ancestors passed on an inner clock...

But I often forget dates... I don't know if it's due to the fact that I'm getting older or that I care less than I used to do when I was younger but I tend to forget. Not important things, of course, but some details like birthdays or things like that.
What worries me most is that I always remember birthdays of older friends while I forget those of my most recent friends...

When I saw this lovely snail in the Doodle Dragon shop last year, I decided it was perfect for a card (maybe more than one...) to say sorry for forgetting and being late...

I've made it in pretty girly colors but I think it could look great in blues or greens, too.
I printed the paper from an old file I've had for ages (but it was saved as flower paper, so no clue of where it came from), some DCVW hot pink paper (a wonderful shade of hot pink!!!) and a matching ribbon.

I love the face of the little snail... it's the same face I should have when I realized I've forgotten something...

This card is for the floowing challenges:
Dustin Pike Challenge: Seeing Colors - Pastels

14 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sweet ... I love that little image ... perfect for a belated card ... Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. what a cute image. I just love your sweet card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! Love your card and the snail is perfect for a late card. Thank you for playing along this week at “Pike’s Playground”. I sure hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Doodle Dragon Studio DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right, this image is adorable and perfect for such moments. I probably need something like this one, LOL! Esp for Bdays. Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card!
    Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable, love the ribbon and your coloring is awesome. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card!! Thank You so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh - cute card! I really should have that image as I'm the opposite of you - always behind (aka late) no matter how hard I try. Thanks for joining us at 'ABC' Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im smiling!!! I LOVE this card!! That snail is the cutest!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty card
    Thanks for joinng us at Crafty sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. THis is precious! I just love it...It makes me happy!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love LOVE this idea. Thanks for joining us at Pike's Playground, hope to see you again next challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card makes me smile, fabulous job! Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this sweet little snail and your pretty card. You did a fab job with the pastel challenge over at Pike's Playground. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete