Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Paper Piecing.

Hello!
I've been inspired by Meljen's Designs Challenge for my today's card: they want to see Paper Piecing.

This is my card:

 I chose Little Apple Worm available in Meljen's Designs shop.
I paper pieced my image using digital papers:

I first printed one complete apple and one warm on white paper, then I chose digi papers from Pink Petticoat and put them under the parts of the digi I wanted to paper piece.
Then I cut these parts and colored the worm which I then glued with 3D dots in order to give additional dimension.
Then, I assembled the card using old papers from Three Bugs in a Rug and My Mind's Eye.
Easy peasy, right?

I'd like to enter my card into the following challenges:
Meljen's Designs Challenge # 197: Love You to Pieces (Paper Piecing)
The Cutie Pie Challenge # 63: Cute with Spots and Dots
CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: Anything Goes with Patterned Papers
One Crazy Stamper February Challenge: Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs February Challenge: Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Hi there, awww the image is so sweet and great paper piecing - love your colour choices as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute card! Paper Piecing is a bit of a love of mine, this looks great

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies, spots and dots challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie, love the paper piecing all the colours go so well together, well done. Thanks so much for joining us over at Meljen’s Design Team & Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card and fabulous paper piecing, Monica! Love the mix of colors and dp. Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Designs "Love you to Pieces" challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card! You've done an awesome job with the paper piecing and I love the dimension on the little worm. Thank you for joining us this week at MelJen's Designs.

    ~Barb
    Senior DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. great card thanks for joining us over at One Crazy Stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for February with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete