Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Fun Challenge.

Cold and rainy weather is perfect to have a reason to stay at home and create cards!
On Thursday it rained the whole day, heavy rain... so grateful to my husband who collected our daughter from school and went to the haidresser! They both looked very handsome when they came back home and I didn't have to go out!

I needed some new baby cards for my shop and I had already printed two Baby Storks from Meljen's Designs so when I read the theme of this week's challenge at Meljen's Designs Challenge blog I decided to make the cards and see how long it took to make one.
Yes, the challenge is Time's Up! - Less than 30 minutes to create a card.

I already had the idea of the card in my mind so I only needed to cut card base, papers, color the digi and put things together to make this:

and this:

It took me 25 minutes to make one card, including some time to fasten the button to the ribbon with needle and thread, thing that I hate...
It took me a bit less to make the boy card (except for the needle and thread part...).
Anyway, the image was super fast to color with Copic markers. I then added papers from Pink Petticoat, pearls, rhinestones and a ribbon with bow and button.

This card is for the following challenges:
Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge # 20: Make It Cute or Sweet
Incy Wincy Challenge: Add Ribbon and Pearls
Little Red Wagon Challenge # 222: Child's Play

8 comments:

  1. Wow, great work, well done and good luck!
    Hugs, Jackie
    Digistamps4Joy.DT
    Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Design, thank you so much for joining us over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, we would love you to come and join us again next week for another fun challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B ~ Owner ~ Fan-Tastic Tuesaday
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 very beautiful cards Monica.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image. Super sweet cards for a new baby. Thank you for joining our Child's play challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great designs in under 30 minutes! Thanks for joining Meljens Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! I agree that the needle and thread is a pain, but it really does make such a wonderful difference!
    Thanks so much for joining in on our challenge at Meljens Designs this week! Good Luck to you!
    Hugs,
    Dee (Sprytebyrd) Meljens Designs Team Coordinator
    Sprytebyrd's Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful creation with great details and perfect for our ‘ADD REAL RIBBON’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Both of these cards turned out great! Amazing what can get accomplished in a short time! Thanks for playing along with us over at Meljen's Designs this week.
    hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete