Friday, January 31, 2014

A Little Ballerina.

I've been honoured to win last week's challenge at A Day for Daisies with my most treasured card (you can read all about it here) and I've decided to make a card for their new challenge.

The theme is "Use Pink and Red" and I chose Little Dancer Two for my card.

I was a ballerina myself when I was younger even if without too much enthusiasm but, while making this card, I was inspired by my daughter.
She loves her ballet lessons, maybe genes passed directly from my mother to her...
Anyway, for me ballet is all about pinks and whites or baby blues so when I think of a ballerina she must wear a pink or white tutu.
I'm not so lucky with my daughter's tutus for her recitals: the last two were emerald green and yellow with hot pink details...
For sure, with those bright colors it was easier to see her group in the big theatre but they don't mean ballet to me!
That's why I was happy to color my ballerina with pink!

This is my card:
Isn't she lovely and delicate?
I colored this Little Dancer with my Copics and a touch of crystal glitter in her tutu, then mounted it on Doodlebug (Sweet Cakes paper pad) and Echo Park (Country Drive paper pad) papers. The little clouds and flower are from Toga. Lots of rhinestones give a special bling to the card!
Even if my daughter is not blond, I think of her when I see this card!

I'd like to participate in the following challenges:

8 comments:

  1. This is a Gorgeous Design, thank you for joining with us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge, we would love it if you joined us again next week for another fun challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner ~ Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Monica, congratulations for being honored by A Day for Daisies! And I love this card for the "red, pink, and white" challenge for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week! It's a darling image, and I love your sweet layout with the lovely elements! So god you've joined us this week! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I love the dp, coloring, and your little ballerina!!Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, how sweet! Ballerinas should wear pink! Beautifully colored and beautifully designed! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love your ballerina (I agree - they should be pink!) and those clouds are so cute! Thanks for joining us this week in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing in our "For the Little Girls!" Challenge #84!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete