Monday, January 27, 2014

Vintage Greens.

I cannot believe that last week I didn't make a Christmas card!
My DT card for Christmas Cards Challenge was ready and I spent the whole week making cards for various occasions, mainly using images I've recently bought or that I've wanted to use for a long while!

It's the case of the card I want to share today.
It has actually been made following a challenge theme and I must admit that I colored two images, the one I finally put in the card and... a Christmas one!

Let's start from the beginning.
I treated myself with some Mo Manning's digi stamps during the sale in her shop. I often buy images I like during sales but I tend to forget them if I don't use them immediately. The other day I had a look at Mo's Digital Challenge to be inspired to make a card.
The theme is "Lots of Layers" so I started coloring two images and I finally opted for this:

I fell in love with this digi the first time I saw it. It is Jack Driving and I'm still deciding if my favourite is Jack, happy driving his car, or his mother (maybe his granny?), a bit scared...
We have all taken driving lessons or been next to someone learning so we all know what it means...

The green scheme arrived by chance, I didn't want to color the card red so I went for some vintage greens, maybe it's the old lady's car...
Papers are from a Forever Friends paper pad called The Good Life.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Love your creation Monica! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for January with your lovely vintage card - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!
    Love Mo's images myself and this is fantastic...hope to see you next challenge and good luck with this fab card in our draw...luv aNNie xx{DT}

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab image, made me smile! Thanks for joining us at A gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card for a new driver. Yep, I think it's granny's car. :-) Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the colors!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete