Saturday, June 7, 2014

Summer's Here!

Well, it seems summer is finally here.
 
School is over and the weather seems to be finally settled.
Yesterday, it was my daughter's last day of elementary school: they were all very sad, tears and memories and a long afternoon spent with her, playing and trying to enjoy the start of the summer holidays and forgetting the sadness of the end of these wonderful 5 years.
 
The school is very close to our home and I'll surely be sad in September when, walking by, she won't be there in the park playing and laughing with her friends and running towards me to say hello!
 
Anyway, as I tell her, we have been blessed with great teachers, with 5 incredible years, with amazing friends that she won't miss even if they attend different secondary schools.
 
So today it's the official start of the summer holidays and, even if I still have my spring cleaning to be done, walls to paint, winter coats to put away and a great mess around, I want to celebrate summer with this card:
 
 
I used Honeymoon Toodles from Broken Box Stock (available here in black and white and here in a colored version) and colored them with Copics. I chose patterned papers in bright colors (sorry, they are old scraps and I don't remember the Company).
 
They are honeymooners but I think that the image is suitable for a beach vacation too!
How I'd like to be leaving for the seaside!
 
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Fun summer card, thanks for joining us at Fantastic Tuesday this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card. Thanks for joining us at Craft a Scene this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card great colours & layout.

    Thanks for joining us at JIC monthly summmer challenge
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww so cute i love it. Thank you for entering with us over at JIC this month, I hope you will join us again, our new monthly challenge goes live tomorrow and so does our weekly challenge. Sian (JIC Co-Owner)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Craft a scene this month! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete