Monday, September 3, 2012

Owls...

When I discovered Etsy a few years ago I discovered owls too.

I have friends who collect them but I've never taken too much care. But on Etsy... well... I've discovered such funny, tender, whimsical, cute owls that I'm starting to love them!

Even if I keep myself from starting a new collection of "physical" owls, I realize that I'm collecting digis with them as theme.

With one of my latest buy I created this card:

It was a pleasure to color and to embellish with glitter and I wanted to achieve a "night look" in the card, so I used very dark blue colors.

The image is Little Wizard Owl from Meljen's Designs, while the paper is again an old scrap and I don't remember the name of the Company.
I used Copics to color it and some glittery paper from DCWV.

I'll enter this card in Meljen's Designs Challenge # 125 - Anything Goes.

Isn't he cute?

3 comments:

  1. What a fun card. Thank you for playing along with us over at Meljen's Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you did this card. Your coloring is amazing and your color choices are just fantastic. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background paper. It really looks like a night sky. The silvery ribbon and the gems finish it perfectly.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete