Monday, January 24, 2011

Another Sweet Sketch!

While trying to discover the inner reasons that bring me to blue for Valentine, I made a card for a challenge, for my favorite challenge, Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

I decided to go for a winter/snow theme and... it is turned out in pinks! For such a theme I would expect ice blue colors but no, I preferred pinks...

Anyway, this is my favorite challenge because every time I entered a card I received so many sweet comments! Unfortunately, I don't manage to enter each week but I always look forward to wednesdays to see what they come up with.

This is the sketch to follow:

Luckily enough for me, the sponsor is DigiStamp Boutique: I really love their digis and I have some to choose from to make my card.

I colored the digi with watercolor pencils and used a patterned paper from Dovecraft and some punched snowflakes embellished with little rhinestones.

I love the way it turned out, even if it has no traditional color for a winter card. I'm not a winter person so some pink helps me to get through cold and dark days!

Well, better go. Monday morning means house cleaning... but I'm happy because today it means Post Office too!
On Saturday, while sending some cards to a US Customer, I found out that our Postal Service raised shipping fees on Jan. 01 and I was shocked because it was an incredible increase. It took some time to figure out how to update the shop, crossing my fingers that this increase wouldn't affect my sales. 

Have a nice week!

7 comments:

  1. Love your card, great image I have this one myself, and I coloured mine in Aqua and purples so you can used pink it looks great. Love ya Snowflake great job.
    Thanks so much for sharing and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a sweet card!!!! Look at that wonderful DSB image! And winter pinks, they are fabulous!!!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, the pinks are lovely. Great image & very cute snowflakes. Thanks for joining us this week @ SSW :)

    Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card in pinks. It is super cute. Thanks for your sweet comments about SSW. We try very had to comment on all of our entries. Your added snowflake are the perfect added touch. I love that little bird on top of her head. It is really nice to have you join us this week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved this image! It is adorable in pink! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable and such soft lovely colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Monica! Very sweet with the pinks and that adorable image. Love your take on the sketch too. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete