Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time for a Color Challenge

Today it's all about COLOR.

It seems that color is a main topic for me, even when I was a little girl and someone gave me a gift I asked "Was there another color?". As time passed, my mom stopped bringing me something without my approval of its color...

Even my little daughter smiles and laughs when I match her socks with her dresses or her vests with her briefs.

For this reason, today challenge is quite a challenge for me: I had to work with four colors. They are not among my favorite ones so it was a nice way to think about something different from my usual pastel color schemes.

I've made a card for ByLori Designs: they have their second challenge and they ask for a card with these colors: 
and this is my card:
I wanted to make a Father's Day card but I'd just found this fabulous birthday stamp and I couldn't wait to use it!
This is Landon, from ByLori Designs Puddle Jumpers and it's one of the two digis I asked for when my card was chosen as a sample for the shop.

It's a bit darker than my usual cards but I find it quite elegant and the colors together are very very nice.

Today I'm planning to go back to my pastel colors and make a couple of cards and cut some embossed shoes and bags for my shop. In pastel colors, of course.

3 comments:

  1. It's such a cute card Monica!! Super cute!! Thanks so much for joining us this challenge at By LORi Designs!!
    Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You card is adorable and I love how you have colored Landon. Thanks for joining us this week at BLD for our 2nd challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did such a great job on Landon. He is adorable. Thanks for joining us at BLD Color challenge this week.
    Linda
    http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete