Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Quiet Saturday Morning.

Everybody still sleeping, I can spend a few more minutes on the computer and post a new card for my favorite Challenge, Sweet Sketch Wednesday
After making the Top Three (yes, I know, I keep repeating that but I'm still sooo happy!!!) last week I had to make a card for this week's Challenge. Moreover, the sponsor is Bugaboo Stamps so I really couldn't miss it!

As usual, there is a Sketch to follow:

And here's my card:

Patterned papers are a real treasure for me: they are difficult to find in my town so I usually have to order them and quite expensive so this time I decided to paint my background paper. I made a frame with some paper strips and make paint dots around them. I don't know if this solution seems a patterned paper but I like it.
I even used one precious button for the sun: I have a passion for buttons and I have problems in using my favorite ones... but I'll talk about this another time.

I really loved to think about summer and warm weather, I'm one of those girls who could go to sleep on January 6 and wake up in April. I hate the dark cold winter days. I resist until Christmas - I love Christmas - but after that, nothing.
While painting this little frog, I dreamed about summer holidays, long wam sunny days, some sun tan on my too pale face, no jackets, socks, boots, scarves, hats... Have you ever counted how many things you have to wear in winter?

The only pro is: more time for crafting and I'm really trying to spend every spare minute making new cards while dreaming about summer...

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest card. I love that adorable image and how you popped the umbrella. Your little sun is super cute too. I love how you used a button for it. I am dreaming of spring and summer too...I am a little tired of the winter. It has been just too cold! Thanks for joining us Monica.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you about longing for the summer days! Your frog is adorable! Clever Sun Button! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm love, love, lovin' this!! Toad-ally (hehe) amazing and the button for the sun is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am todally loving your sweet card. Such a fun image and sweet take on my sketch. Arlana@SSW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your card, I adore your hand painted design papers. I just love your idea having a button for the sun!!!! I've seen another idea, put rubber bands over a stamp block and put this in ink and ink you background paper with these, you can put embossing powder over it and heat emboss it. It looks awesome and makes cheap back ground paper. Have a look at GK Design Gina K site and that's where I got the idea from. Great card, just love it.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and sharing your card.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  6. EEK! How adorable! I just love your umbrella and your little sun is the cutest!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable card!! Oh how I can't wait for the warm weather to return!!!
    Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for joining us at SSW!!!

    Hugs'
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete