Thursday, January 20, 2011

Birds in Love!

Hello!
I can't believe it's almost one week since my last post. It's incredible how a few things added to my daily routine leave so little time to my crafting - and blogging - time.

Anyway, I did not write BUT I managed to make some cards. I'm still into the Valentine/Love theme. It started snowing this morning so maybe I'll make some winter cards this afternoon.

Yesterday, I made this card with colors a bit different from the expected color scheme for Valentines. Looking through my list of challenges, I've found that it is perfect for two of them.

Here's my card:
I love these fat birds in love! This digi is from The Paper Shelter (http://www.thepapershelter.com/), a shop I've just discovered with very sweet images.
I painted them with my watercolor pencils and decided to mount them on a turquoise card instead of a pink one. I used some glitter here and there and couldn't help myself from putting a red touch on the card!

I finished it following the requirements of the two challenges:

Papertake Weekly Challenge:
which has The Paper Shelter as sponsor (how lucky I am!) and which asks for ribbon and pearls. I've used a white satin ribbon I've found in my stash of ribbons and some green and blue pearls.

which asks for a sentiment with a Love theme. This requirement was not difficult to follow since it was a Valentine card!

Well, I've a couple of hours to spend on some new projects, I feel so lucky when I can dedicate so much time to crafting and painting!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love those birds and the beautiful ribbon is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card makes me smile - beautifully done. I'm so glad you were able to join us for our Love themed challenge at Aud Sentiments! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my how cute is that image they are gorgeous so is the colours and design thank you for joining us at Aud sentiments
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, love the layout and the colors, thanks for join us over at Aud Sentiments for our Love Challenge!Pls join us again! Tammy

    ReplyDelete