Friday, January 14, 2011

Time Well Spent...

When I saw this digi in Bugaboo shop I thought it was The Stamp.
I've always spent hours reading books to my little daughter: in the afternoon, at night, while waiting for the doctor... She has always loved to sit down next to me and listen to a story, old or new, short or long, every moment was perfect to enter the magic world of tales.
And I've always loved to read, trying to make different voices for the different characters, to sound happy when the characters was happy or sad or angry or astonished or frightened...
They have always been really precious moments I'll treasure forever.

I still read tales to my daughter even if now she sometimes reads something to me: she practises and I enjoy the story as much as I do when I read for her. So this card is meant for children who want to thank their mothers but also for those mothers who want to thank their babies for the joy they bring in our lives.

When I read the requirements of a few challenges I thought this stamp was perfect for three of them.

Here's my card:
I used a card from Lasting Impressions with embossed dots and I glued the Bugaboo Reading Time digi - which I painted with watercolor pencils - and a light yellow ribbon which matches the color of the envelope.

I'm entering these three challenges:
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog: Emboss It! They ask for a card with dry or wet embossing.

Incy Wincy Designs Challenge # 76: Go Dotty. They ask to use dots and this card has a lot! Moreover, this challenge is sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps, so that's perfect!

A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge #134: Thank You. This card has become a Thank You card for every mum but also for every baby who sit down and listen to what we tell, with enthusiasm, love, tenderness and curiosity.

It's the first time I enter these last two Challenges, so I'm pretty excited!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! love your coloring! thanks for joining this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute it's beautifully done :)
    Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
    Hug Nikki and the rest of the DT

    ReplyDelete