Friday, January 21, 2011

Blue or Pink & Red?

After my post yesterday I had a look at my Etsy shop and realised that the card I showed you was not a unique case: I had already made several Valentine cards in blue. It seems that this year I prefer blue for Valentine...

Or maybe blue cards are the ones I finish more easily.

Today I'm showing you a pink and red Valentine card which has been on my table for a while: I wanted a fully pink & red look but I did not manage to achieve the "perfect" look. But yesterday I managed to finish it.

Here's my card:
I bought a set of Alice in Wonderland digi stamp from Zenware Designs mainly because I loved this Queen of Hearts. Alice has never been a favorite of mine but I love these cute set of digis so I decided to have them. I painted it with watercolor pencils as usual and glued hearts with 3D dots. The dress has clear glitter here and there and the crown has pearls.

Looking through Challenges I found that Meljen Designs asked for Pink & Red: http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-42-and-fun-new-release.html
I'm entering the challenge with this card but I'm so sorry I'm not entering with a Meljen image. I adore her digis and have bought some. In addition, she posts freebies every Monday, so I have a full collection of adorable digis. But this card is ready and so "Pink & Red" that I have to enter it!

The question is: am I a Blue Valentine this year or a more classic Pink & Red?
Considering that I'm making another Blue card maybe I'm not traditional in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great card! Love the hearts and such a cute image!
    Thanks so much for playing along at Meljen's Designs this week!
    Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card :) love those little heart. Thank you for playing in the color challenge at Meljens. Hope you will join us again this week in Put your heart in it challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete