Friday, January 28, 2011

A New Day... A New Challenge!

It's a Bugaboo Challenge again!

Bugaboo Digis are particularly dear to me. In the past, I used to buy digi stamps every now and then but I mainly colored them using Photoshop and the result never satisfied me completely.
One day I discovered Bugaboo Stamps and I immediately fell in love with these whimsical digis, with cute little animals and people.
Then, I discovered Challenges and decided to open a blog to be able to be part of this incredible world.
I bought some of their digis and started painting them with watercolor pencils. Copics are not available here, at least not in my town and in any case I find myself at ease with watercolor pencils, my printer's ink does not bleed so everything is perfect!

Little by little I've taken confidence and even made a Top Three in a Challenge.

But I will never forget that all started when I discovered Bugaboo stamps!

This week's theme for the Catch the Bug Challenge is Winter Whites.
Here's my card:
I'm quite pruod of this card because I managed to use a tool I found in a magazine a while ago and never attempted to use: a plastic embossing tool. I frequently use brass embossing templates but this works differently. I wanted to have a white on white embossed effect on this card and these swirls seemed perfect for the look so I had a go and I'm very happy with the result.
Winter is white but it's also a bit light blue and light pink for me, as I told you before I love pastel colors! And I love glitter: I put a lot of white and blue glitter on this adorable snowman!

I'm entering this card in another challenge where the theme is Winter again. The Challenge is Incy Wincy Designs Challenges # 78:
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/challenge-78-winter-wonderland.html

Well, that's all for today but stay tuned. I have another card ready for another challenge with another adorable digi from Bugaboo!
And I've also been able to print some digis from a old download I made back in 2006: I really look forward to have them painted!

Better go and prepare something for lunch!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
    Hug Nikki and the rest of the DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love the embossing and the snowman, they're my favorite! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you love Bugaboo Digis (join the club lol). Thank you so much for joining in with our Winter White Challenge with Bugaboo.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete