Tuesday, January 25, 2011

One of the things I love when I decide to take part in a challenge is that I have to "think outside the box" and make something which is in the mind of someone else. It's a bit like commission work, I have to do something different from what I usually do.

That's the reason why I decided to start entering challenges: I still make cards with the images I love but I have to work with sketches or colors or themes.

One of the treats I gave myslef last Christmas was a couple of stamps from Lili of the Valley and yesterday one of my dreams came through: I painted one stamp and mounted it on a card! I love it!!

The aim was to take part in a Lili of the Valley challenge: they gave a sketch to follow to make a card with one of their stamps.

Here's the sketch:
And here's my card:
I wish I could receive this card for my birthday!

I used my watercolor pencils as usual and some papers from Wild Rose Studio and Die Cuts with a View, a new cherry red satin ribbon, some pearls and - of course - some glitter in the apron.

I love this image, this little bear is so sweet... and her cat too!!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card and lovely colouring. thank you for joining with us at LOTV this week.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete