Monday, January 10, 2011

A new Card...

A I told you yesterday, in these last days I had time to craft while my daughter was drawing next to me. We had fun, chatting and saying silly things, sharing pencils and asking for advice.

Today, schools have started again after 17 days and at home silence is back.

As this afternoon I sat at my craft table alone I was a bit sad again, I missed her laughter, comments on my cards and sweet thoughts. And I was so happy when I showed her my latest card, which I painted the other day with her.

This is the card:
I know that blue is an unusual color for a Valentine card but I wanted a change from the traditional pinks and reds.

I used a DigiStamp Boutique image colored with watercolor pencils and mounted on a light blue square card decorated with a flower paper which is so old I cannot recall where is from. Pearls, rhinestones and - of course - some glitter are also added.

I made this card because I loved the digi then I decided to enter the DigiStamp Boutique monthly competition:
They ask for any card made in January using a DigStamp image.

While looking through other Challenges, I found that Crafty Hos' Challenge Blog asked for a monochromatic card and I decided to enter this challenge too:
It's the first time I enter this challenge so wish me luck!

Yesterday, I really made a mess while linking my card: I pasted the wrong link once, I corrected it using another wrong link and I repeated the same mistake in both challenges I entered, so today I must be far more concentrated... My daughter is watching TV so no risk to be absent-minded!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Monica, what a gorgeous card. Your colouring is perfect and I love the papers. Thanks for joining in with our monthly competition over at DigiStamp Boutique. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - this is gorgeous ..and I love your story - I always feel like that too.....Thanks for joining in with our monthly competition over at DigiStamp Boutique. Sally-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete