Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Some Sweetness...

This afternoon I'm having a couple of hours "just for me" and Custom orders being in stan-by, I've decided to make a card with a sweet image I painted some time ago.

This is the card:
This lovely little bear is a stamp from Lili of the Valley: I stamped it with black ink onto ivory paper decorated with light blue dots. As usual, I colored her with watercolor pencils and - stange enough for me and for such a girly card - I did not use glitter on her.
As for the papers, the little rose paper is a digi file Ive just bought from a lovely Etsy shop: MariekeVDesign, the other papers are from DCWV (the blue one is glittered!!!) and the gingham paper is from Wild Rose Studio.
The lovely rose... well, I don't know, I've just found a box full of flowers, saved from very old projects or from... who remembers? But I love to be able to find something old, unused but useful!

Of course, this is a sketch card. Here's the sketch:
It's from my beloved Sweet Sketch Challenge # 91 and I'm so happy I've managed to enter: last week I missed it and I was really sad. Although their sketches are really challenging, I love to enter a card and I have so much fun while trying the best matches to be used on my card.

I'm also entering this card to another lovely challenge: Incy Wincy Designs Challenge # 84: they ask for pastel colors, so I think this card is just perfect!

Well, my "just for me" time is over, time to be a mom again...

7 comments:

  1. What an adorably sweet little card! That image is too cute, and the papers you used are just lovely. That gorgeous rose tops it off perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Your image is beautifully coloured & great choice of papers. Thanks so much for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet card I do love that cute image and your colours you have used. Great design papers I love the one with the little roses on. Thanks so much for sharing you card with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how adorable this is Monica! The teddy is so sweet and your papers are gorgeous - I especially like the rose paper combined with the others. Just a really darling card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    All the best,
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable Monica. It is nice to have you join us this week. I always look forward to seeing your cards. You do beautiful work.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh, this is one sweet card!!! Soooo glad you got it posted in time!!! Super adorable stamp! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really pretty card. The image is so sweet. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy.
    Nikki F x

    ReplyDelete