Sunday, March 27, 2011

Crafty Sunday

Strange enough, I have a free Sunday.
And, of course, I'm crafting.
Custom orders shipped, mom healthy at her home, daughter ready to go to the park with her dad, I can dedicate some time to make cards and enter a few challenges.
 Actually, I'm not listening to wardrobes asking for some care after this long winter, washing machine ready to be loaded, dry laundry ready to be folded...

The first card ready to be entered in challenges this week is this one:
I found this lovely digi image at Amber Ink a while ago and I loved the engagement theme with these two simple yet adorable rabbits.
I colored them with watercolor pencils, added lots of papers from the Linen Closet Collection by DCWV, added a luxurious ribbon I found in the haberdashery near my home and two small paper roses bought at Wild Orchid Crafts.
Even if I prefer candy or pastel colors, I love the way it has turned out: elegant and simple.

I followed this sketch:

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge # 94: they gave us the sketch
A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge # 144: they asks for ribbon, pearls/rhinestones and flowers
Cupcake Crafts Challenge # 134: they ask for monochromatic cards

Well, I still have time to make another card... if I pretend not to see what else I should be doing...

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely, Monica! The image is simply adorable and I love the papers and layout! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to have a little time for ourselves. It helps in making the chores go a little faster when we do finally do them. I love your sweet image, Monica. The engagement theme is darling. I especially like the use of the creamy shades of gold papers. Your bow and little flowers are such a nice finishing touch. Thanks for stopping by and joining us this week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute! I love the bunny image! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica, what a gorgeous card. Such a fab image and I love your choice of colour scheme. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Monica! Perfect colour combo & sweet wee flowers. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

    Genevieve SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Monica, great card, love your image and the colours you've used. Your chocolate brown ribbon really finishes it off and those pretty flowers. So glad you had time for your self the jobs will still be there tomorrow.
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very sweet card Monica! I adore the darling image and how you've done the engagement ring with the rhinestone! A nice clean look to your card too that I find appealing. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute, cute!!! Those bunnies are adorable!! And they fit our challenge twist to include a bunny on a card...fabulous! Thanks for joining us at SSW.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my but these two couldn't be any cuter! I love the roses and pearls and the beautiful ribbon you used. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete