Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sun is Shining and...

... I've just finished a Christmas card!

I've had this card on my desk for a while. I started it for a challenge but then I thought it was not right and I put it aside.

Then I started to assemble it again but I needed something to finish it: I wanted some flowers and I was waiting for an order I made in the UK to arrive. So the card was put on hold for a second time.

Finally, yesterday my paper roses arrived but no, they were not right (except for the little green rose I put on the sentiment) and I decided to opt for a ribbon.

I wanted a fresh, girly look for a Christmas card, nothing traditional.

Here's my card:
This lovely little girl doing her Christmas shopping is a digi from Di's Digis colored with watercolor pencils and LOTS of glitter where she has fur on her coat and hat.

The card follows a recipe given by The ABC Christmas Challenge: E for Embossing and 3 Embellishments.
I've used a hot pink card (it's a wonderful hot pink, I probably found it as a gift on a magazine and it was the last one...) which I've embossed with snowflakes on the right side. I've added a patterned paper from Papermania and three embellisments: a ribbon bow, a metal bell and a paper flower.

I'm so happy it's now finished even if Christmas is so far away...

4 comments:

  1. Love the cute image used and the dp used as matches really well. Great work with the embossing.

    Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am pleased you got it finished! lovely card, Thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hope you can play again too! hugs Samantha :0)

    Please consider turning off Word Verification, thanks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...sweet card - so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sweet. I love the image that you have use and you have coloured it beautifully. Thank you for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge. Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete