Sunday, June 23, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge # 30 (Christmas 2013 - Card # 14)

* * This is my 2nd post today, please scroll down to see my new card for the Kraftin' Kimmie Contest * *

I'm so excited to be here for my first Christmas Card Challenge as a DT member!

This week the theme is an Inspiration Photo, this one:

How lovely and inspiring is this door?

I definitely needed inspiration this week because, after a wet and cold spring, we've reached the 40°C in a couple of days and it's not the most suitable weather to make Christmas card.
Luckily enough, I love when it's so hot and I don't suffer from it but I must admit that my studio is very very hot, especially when I don't manage to keep the window open because it's so windy everything flies away!

Anyway, as soon as I saw the picture I thought about a digi stamp I've had for a while and made this card:

The digi is from Deidre's Store on Etsy (it seems not to be available at the moment) and I colored it with Copics trying to follow the photo as much as possible.

Don't forget to have a look at all the fabulous cards of my fellow DT members:

Sabrina


184 days to Christmas and 14 cards are made (I'm still behind schedule!)


2 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely. I really like the image you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Sorry to hear about the heat you are going through. I'm not a heat person so I feel for you. This is the very first time I decided to go litereal with my interpretation of an inspirational photo, and think it is so funny that a few of on the DT went the same way! :)

    ReplyDelete