Saturday, June 8, 2013

Inspiration Saturdays: For the Love of Plaques

When painting was my first crafting activity I made lots of plaques: little signs to be hung on doors and walls with whimsical animals and people.
I loved these little cuties and every now and then, I try to make something similar using papers and stamps.

With summer approaching, I thought that an "On Vacation" sign could be useful to be hung out of a shop or wherever there's someone lucky enough to go on holiday!

I gathered a few supplies: a cardboard plaque, a patterned paper, an image and a sign and I made this:

This sweet digi stamp is one of the latest creations from Broken Box Stock: she is called Ice Cream Toodle and she is available here in a colored version and here as a digi stamp.

I used my Copic markers and some glitter and glued her on a dotted paper by Pink Petticoat. A ribbon, some pearls and the heart decorate the plaque.

I'd like to hang it out of my kitchen to inform everybody I'm on vacation and won't cook for a while...

Another easy way to use your stamps in a different way!

I'm entering the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenge # 145: Summer Scene
Crafting by Design Challenge: Anything Goes with a Twist: Summer Fun
Papertake Weekly Challenge: Anything Goes
The ABC Challenge: O for Open

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty project, thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, love the image!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Cupcake Craft Challenges :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute project, love the fab image and sunny yellow. Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this time and hope you join us again. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete