Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Sweet Sketch Wednesday Again!

Happy Monday!

Another sunny day in sunny Italy! What a great April we are having. I'm here with my window open listening to birds singing (and cars passing by...) as if it were June!

I've just finished a card I'm quite proud of. I had a color scheme in mind: soft, elegant blues for a very elegant image.
Here's my card:
This lovely digi is from a Company I've just discovered, Karber Digital Images: they have a series of Japanese girls I immediately fell in love with. And in addition, their sales will help Japan.

I used some printed paper from Pink Petticoat "Blueberry" is the color I chose to make the card following this sketch:
I colored my geisha with watercolor pencils and... no, this time no glitter (although I thought about adding it somewhere) and the lovely ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl.

This card is being entered in the following challenges:
and, of course,
Karber Challenge # 29 where the theme is "Anything Goes".

Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. I do love your card, your image and colours are just so elegant together. Your ribbon and design papers are a perfect match. Great job. Your card reminds me of my sister in law. She was born in Italy and grew up in France and she has long black/brown hair and is very elegant. Great job love your card. Thanks so much for sharing your card this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this Japanese Girl...she is adorable! Your card is lovely! Clever of you to pop her fan! Great dimension!
    Judi SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your image is just precious. I really love her and how you have colored her up. I love how you popped her fan...it really adds a nice touch to your card. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card! Thank you for playing The Karber Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so elegant! I love all the soft blues and fan is such a nice touch!!! Thanks for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete