Friday, April 15, 2011

Masculine colors.

I'm busy with a custom order, preparing decorations for a little girl's birthday and surrounded by pinks, pastel colors, glitter and by everything girly.

But...

...this week I WANTED to enter a card in Dustin Pike Challenge so I put girly things aside (I'm waiting for a new punch I've just ordered to make my decorations) and finish my new card:

I chose masculine colors: I started painting the digi and then looked through my stash of papers and found this set which I thought it was perfect for the look I had in mind.
This month Dustin Pike celebrates his blogiversary so the theme is birthday. I added a gift in the bear's hands with a little bow which maybe is not too visible in the picture. The look in the frog's eyes is just perfect: as a child in front of his presents!
I love Dustin Pike's images and I'm so sorry I've probably lost some retired images... I love his frogs and monkeys!
Well, fingers crossed new images will be posted so I can play with them!

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Dustin Pike Challenge - It's a Party!
Karens Doodles Challenge - Happy Birthday
A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge # 147 - All Creatures Great and Small

Happy Birthday Dustin Pike!

9 comments:

  1. Your card and Dustin's image are so cute. The gift is a great addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card!Lovely flowers!
    Thank you for joinig Karen`s Doodles this week and good luck!

    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute as a button
    Thanks for joining us on Karen's Doodles and good luck
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely perfect! Thank you for joining our challenge at the Playground!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - thanks for joining us in the playground ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, Cute, Cute! Thanks for sharing.
    Don’t forget to visit me over at Craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little fairy bear! And adding the gift is so clever. GREAT card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

    ReplyDelete